Shredded Chilli Beef is a delicious and flavorsome dish that has been enjoyed by many for centuries. Its origins can be traced back to China, where it was served in a variety of different forms. As its popularity grew, it soon spread across many countries and cultures, where it was adapted to fit local tastes. Today, Shredded Chilli Beef can be found in a variety of cuisines around the world.
- 2 lbs beef, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Place the cubed beef in a bowl and season with chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and red pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef broth, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the beef is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the sauce and shred it with two forks.
- Return the beef to the sauce and cook until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- For a spicier dish, add more chili powder.
- For a sweeter dish, add more brown sugar.
- For a richer dish, add more beef broth.
Shredded Chilli Beef is a delicious and flavorful dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or as a side dish. It is easy to make and is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Serve it over cooked rice for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
What other dishes can this shredded chilli beef be served with?
This shredded chilli beef can be served with a variety of dishes, including rice, noodles, tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and salads. It is also possible to combine it with other proteins such as chicken or pork.
Are there any alternative ingredients that can be used in this recipe?
This recipe can be adapted by substituting the beef for other proteins, such as chicken, pork or fish. Vegetarian options include tofu, beans, and tempeh. Alternatives to chilli can also be used, such as garlic or ginger.
Is the shredded chilli beef suitable for vegetarians?
The suitability of shredded chilli beef for vegetarians depends on the ingredients used in its preparation. Depending on what ingredients are included, it could be suitable or not suitable for vegetarians.
How long will the shredded chilli beef keep in the fridge?
The shredded chilli beef should be refrigerated and consumed within three to four days. It is best to store it in an airtight container in order to maintain freshness and prevent spoilage.
Is there a way to make this recipe more healthy?
It is possible to make recipes more healthy by reducing the amount of fat, sodium, and sugar used in the dish. Substituting leaner meats or healthier ingredients can also help improve nutritional content.