Get to know how to make pindi chana at home easily with this recipe
pindi chana is usually dark dry and blackish in color, pindi chana is best eaten with bhature
1 cup chickpeas
1 tea bag
2 Brown Cardamom
2 to 3 Cloves
1 Cinnamom Stick
2 to 3 Green Cardamom
1 tbsp. Ghee
1 tblsp. oil
1 tblsp. Pomegranate Seeds
1 tblsp. Cumin Seeds
2 green chilies, slit lengthwise
2 tsp. coriander powder
1 tsp. amchoor pwd
1/2 – 1 tsp. red chili powder
Salt To Taste
1/2 tsp. garam masala
2 inch ginger shredded finely
1 onions Sliced
1 tomato sliced
Finely chopped coriander leaves
Making Pindi Chana:
- Soak chickpeas in water for one night or for about 6 hours.
- Cook the chickpeas with salt, green cardamom, brown cardamom, cinnamon stick, tea bag, cloves and adequate water in the pressure cooker for about 20 to 25 minutes or till fully done.
- On the other hand dry roast pomegranate and cumin seeds and when it becomes moderately warm grind into a fine powder. Keep in mind you do not burn them. Otherwise the dish will taste bitter.
- Separate the water and store the cooking liquid. Also remove the tea bags and the whole spices.
- In a large bowl add the boiled chickpeas, dry roasted pomegranate and cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, mango powder and red chili powder. Mix well to coat every chickpeas. Add the slit chilies and ginger.
- In a big pan heat the oil and ghee together and then add the chole mix. Add the cooking liquid to get the favorable consistency. Mix nicely.
- Let it simmer on low flame till the oil parts and stir occasionally.
- Remove the chana in a bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves, onion and tomato slices and finely sliced ginger and lemon wedges.