1 cup grated fresh coconut
2 tblsp. Semolina (Sooji)
1/4 cup Whole Cream Milk
1/2 cup Condensed Milk
2-3 green cardamom (shelled and powdered)
1/4 cup nuts chopped (pistachios, almonds, cashews)
1/2 cup grated coconut
Making coconut Ladoo with condensed milk :
- In a large pan dry roast the semolina. Keep stirring it continuously and as it starts to get somewhat golden brown and a rich aroma is observed remove it and keep aside.
- In the same pan dry roast the grated coconut also.
- When the coconut gets somewhat roasted add the semolina, powdered cardamom and the milk.
- Combine them well till the entire milk is absorbed and the semolina gets cooked.
- After this add the condensed milk and nuts and cook till it becomes a thick batter.
- Turn off the flame and keep it on the side till the mix has cooled down sufficient to be handled with bare hands.
- In a large tray or plate sprinkle the grated coconut for ladoo.
- To make the ladoos lubricate your palms with some ghee or oil and then take a small amount of the mix and roll it out in a smooth surface. Take care they should not form any cracks.
- Once you are done roll the ball on the desiccated coconut in a way which covers the whole ball with it.
- Plate them in a plate and don’t touch them for few hours.
- The delicious coconut ladoos are ready to be served.